SAR Part 1 Launched!

• What's the story with the Helicopters.

I've built 3 stations, added hangers, got the Helis, trained staff, switched them on, added them to AARR and everything they are not showing to dispatch in either my AARR or my unit list.

That's been raised. They should be available and it was my understanding they would be until I built them. They can be used for some lifeboat missions, but that appears to be it at the very moment. Hopefully it'll get fixed soon.

• I've actually assigned my Coastguard Heli to a custom vehicle class because i was finding that it was being treated like a regular ambulance and being sent on missions when selecting my ambulance ARR, is it by any chance doing the same to you? Its not available because its been sent somewhere random

Also have you switched on both the hangers and the building? That caught me out initially

Investigating Flares seems to be particularly buggy at the moment. The requirement is 2 ILBs, but I had to dispatch a third to handle the third patient on this mission, despite all 3 being "in" one ILB, and now i've had to dispatch a coastguard heli towards to provide Crit Care despite all 3 of these ILBs having Crit Care Crew.

Update: Actually need to cancel and re-dispatch the ILBs to get the mission to update so I could send them to a station for hand-off

• Investigating Flares seems to be particularly buggy at the moment. The requirement is 2 ILBs, but I had to dispatch a third to handle the third patient on this mission, despite all 3 being "in" one ILB, and now i've had to dispatch a coastguard heli towards to provide Crit Care despite all 3 of these ILBs having Crit Care Crew.

Update: Actually need to cancel and re-dispatch the ILBs to get the mission to update so I could send them to a station for hand-off

If you leave the mission to clear before transporting then it works fine. I believe this has been flagged up along with the possibility of having a ALB count as a ILB.

• First of thanks for the update I was wondering if someone could explain to me why evacuation of a cruise ship or vessel needs a ILB not a ALB.

This is a known bug I believe, there are several calls where the ALB should be able to cover the ILB especially now as the newer ALBs have a small daughter boat they can launch.

Will a flood rescue unit work as a inland rescue boat

Hopefully, but believe that going to be added to in part 2. Don't think it currently has any calls.

• This is a known bug I believe, there are several calls where the ALB should be able to cover the ILB especially now as the newer ALBs have a small daughter boat they can launch.

Hopefully, but believe that going to be added to in part 2. Don't think it currently has any calls.

I don’t understand why I keep getting calls where I need an inland water boat when I don’t have anybody trained in that.

• I don’t understand why I keep getting calls where I need an inland water boat when I don’t have anybody trained in that.

is it calls for the ILB? This is a In-shore Life Boat.

I've not fully ventured into this update yet, but will be adding a few other parts this week.

If you have bought the in land boat and trailer then you may have calls for that and that needs staff trained in lifeguard training so could be this.

• Is there a Coastguard Rescue Helicopter (Large) in the game yet? How do you get it?

It was supposed to be released in part 1 however during testing the DEVs were unable to implement the Helicopters as requested (transferring multiple casualties) so to prevent further delay only the small helicopter was launched.

We have been told that the carrying capacity will be fixed ready for the release of part 2, the large helicopter should then come with this.

• I'm going to begin expanding my coastguard station capacity and wanted to know if any other of coastguard vehicles (like the Rope resuce unit or commander) can be used to replace CRVs in missions that require a CRV unit or do I need to maintain a few of those on each station too? I can see the Flood rescue trailer can be towed by most units. So wondered if there was an overlap elsewhere too

• Also, a request for the SARs update might be to add/replace the "Beach Lifeguard" expansion to be a dedicated independent building. I've built a few lifeboat stations in lifeguard station locations and have them set up for that alone, but ILBs and ALBs can still drop patients off at them.

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!