Platform Truck Personnel

• it would be nice to increase the personnel in platform trucks, the common and realistic personnel in a US platform truck is 6 personnel like many other units in the US, personnel i have never seen a 3 person cab on a US platform truck so it would be nice to see that number increased to 6.

• Definitely more realistic in terms of seating, but a lot of career departments, at least in the northeast US, run 2-4 on their tower ladders. However, I think that people would have an issue with this in game because of the staffing people have had set up. Personally, I staff all of my apparatus with the max amount and assign people to it, I dont have a large overhead of personnel because when I construct a new station, I take personnel that arent assigned to a truck and transfer them to the new station to bring its staffing up. If all of my platform trucks suddenly had 6, I would either make the max personnel 3 or I would have to hire over 60 people to fill those spots.

• it would be nice to increase the personnel in platform trucks, the common and realistic personnel in a US platform truck is 6 personnel like many other units in the US, personnel i have never seen a 3 person cab on a US platform truck so it would be nice to see that number increased to 6.

This was a topic posted before and the request to make it an option to have anywhere from 3-6 on a Truck company so that people could staff like their own jurisdiction, and it was basically said that more were opposed to it than for it. On the other hand, you can buy and staff a quint with 6

• They tried increasing the personnel limits in the past.

Type 1 6>10
    Quint 6>10
    Rescue Engine 6>10
    Heavy Rescue 4>6
    Platform 3>6
    (These are the ones I remember as best as I can, it has been a while).

This created the issues brought up here.

Personally, I staff all of my apparatus with the max amount and assign people to it... If all of my platform trucks suddenly had 6, I would either make the max personnel 3 or I would have to hire over 60 people to fill those spots.

People had their vehicles set up to hold the maximum amount of personnel, this created the issue where, without people changing it, their staffing got increased on all apparatus they did not previously reduce it on.

• what department has 10 people on any unit? I think the request is to allow more than what is currently allowed such as allow 4 or mor on Truck. Do not change what the minimum is...

• I am aware he only wants the maximum increased, the minimum also can be 1 person on almost all units so there would be no reason to change it. I am just saying it is unlikely to have the maximum increased.

Here
    is what was said about a previous comment (by me) about increasing it shortly after it was initially reversed.

Here is an example of what I talked about with the issues it created.

• what department has 10 people on any unit? I think the request is to allow more than what is currently allowed such as allow 4 or mor on Truck. Do not change what the minimum is...

There are departments that run 9 on some ladders, 8 man cab with the tillerman. I am not aware of many departments that have 10 man engine cabs, thats a pretty heavy engine not just in terms of the sheer size of the rig but also because it has to have enough tools for everybody.

In my town (real life, not MC), a few of the engines have 8 man cabs, 6 in the back and 2 in the front instead of the typical 4 in the back 2 in the front. I believe there are some industrial engines around me that run 10, although I am not sure. If they were to change the max amount on engines/quints/squads, it should be a max of 8 because thats a typical number for engines that have heavy seating. Same thing with platform trucks, max of 7 as that is typically the most you'll see on those rigs (7 assuming its a tiller).

With all this being said, I think that the numbers should stay as they are right now, like myself and others have said, if they increased it, I have a feeling most people including myself would simply put the max crew back to what it was manually or they'd have to fill those spots which an be in the hundreds for people with larger districts.

• Ok..but that is crazy. Even FDNY does not run 8 or 9 person trucks!

Definitely not, but I was making the point that its realistic to see 8 or 9 man rigs especially in rural areas where availability of rigs might be limited but you have enough manpower and you want to pack as many people in the rig as possible. FDNY doesn't need that because they have more than enough rigs and more than enough manpower to do what they do. FDNY is also a very specialized department and the structure they have likely wouldn't work outside of FDNY and maybe a few cities in the US.

Point is, some places run super heavy 10 man engines, but I don't think that the devs should increase the number of people to put in the rigs even tho it might be realistic for some people.

• I remember that, did the crew plan to ride in the hose bed =O

• I remember that, did the crew plan to ride in the hose bed =O

Nah... They used to ride on the back step, the sideboards, the front bumper, the roof... 8o

On a serious note, having ridden as a 'jolly volley' back 30 years ago, we never had more than 6 on a rig; most guys drove their own vehicles to the scene (blue lights down both sides of the street... What a beautiful sight it was.)

Chief, I'm a rescue man. I trained to be a rescue man, and I like being a rescue man. - Johnny Gage, LA County Rescue Squad 10

• The only thing that was wrong with the changes to the max capacity was the type 2 being given the same capacity as the type 1 now I am no expert on the difference between the two (mainly cause the only information I have is on specs for the pump tank and hose load) but also cause I don’t believe that a department actually runs a type 2 where I am from, but yes the increased crew capacity should be brought back just don’t increase it off what it is set to currently (ie 6 stays at 6 and not bumped to 10)

I have never heard of one, but I have a toy HAZ-MAT truck with 10 seats if that counts. (Maybe its a thing in large volunteer departments?

• I definitely think the option to increase personnel should be there on all fire vehicles. When you get into volunteer departments they sometimes have 8-10 guys on a heavy rescue or 6-8 on a squad or truck company so a max of six is hard. Maybe increase it to 8 and the platforms to 4-5

• Um in my department we had (has since been sold) atleast 1 (in my time maybe more from when I was younger as my on senior people have know me since I was like 3) engine with a 10 person max capacity and our current rescue has 10 seats (not a walkthrough FYI) and our tower when we bought in has 8 (since reduced to 6 like our other ladder) (both quints) but one of our neighbors had a straight truck that had room for atleast 6(since replaced by a quint) thinks this is uncommon the FDNY Runs 6 MAN Trucks

Participate now!

Don’t have an account yet? Register yourself now and be a part of our community!